I must laugh because I have no more face palm, embarrassment, head-shaking to offer these clowns.
So once more, the Right-wing echo chamber continues to resonate with the "black folks forever getting reparations" meme that the sickness of the Conservative white soul is drunken on.
Consider for the the Right:
1. Welfare was/is framed as reparations for slavery.
2. Health care reform is reparations for slavery.
3. African America farmers winning a billion dollar lawsuit against the USDA for decades of discrimination is reparations for slavery.
4. Obama's election signals a movement to pay black Americans reparations for slavery--even though the Presidentopposes such an initiative as unworkable.
5. In fact, for Beck et al. every policy initiative offered by Obama is somehow connected to reparations for slavery.
6. Now, Michelle Obama's trip to Spain is somehow connected to the transatlantic slave trade, white guilt, and reparations for slavery.
Question: Where the hell is my check?
Second question (especially) for our white allies, reasonable conservatives, and others: People of color are often held accountable for all members of the tribe, when you hear this level of Right-wing fucktardness stupidity do you shake your head and say, "damn, we white folk got to do better?"
Third question: Do the beaters of the drum that is the Right-wing noise machine have any decency or self-respect? Would they ever make such an allusion to the Holocaust or the genocide of Native Americans?
Liked this article? Join our email list Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email
I'm Kali Holloway and I'm Digging for Stories Where the Corporate Media Doesn't Go
Hi AlterNet Readers,
I’m Kali, AlterNet investigative reporter. Trolls have made stalking, harassment and intimidation an everyday hazard of going online. I’ve spent weeks in the troll cesspools to understand how they operate and why.
Trolls target women, people of color, LGBT folks, Jews and Muslims. And they love Donald Trump.
Trump’s racism, misogyny and hatred has united neo-Nazis and women-haters with the goal of getting him elected and spreading their toxic ideas.
With backing from supporters like you, I have the freedom to go deep into dark topics like this one -- and expose things we all should know.
We need to raise $15,000 in the next two weeks to hit our goal and continue this necessary work, both mine and the rest of our team.